Our Story

1878: German Evangelical Lutheran Immanuel's Church of the U.A.C. of Waterloo was established by German Lutherans and later incorporated in 1881

1879: Services were held in the railroad chapel on East 4th St., then on Lafayette St. & East Park Ave, and then on Water St.

1899: Services moved to Walnut Ave. & Vine St.

1937: The name changed to The Immanuel Evangelical Lutheran Congregation of the U.A.C., Waterloo, IA, but has since been shortened to Immanuel Lutheran.

1952: Services moved to 207 Franklin St

2012: During construction of the new house of worship on Oster Parkway from June 2012- April 2016, services were held at Christ Lutheran Church at 234 S. Hackett Rd. In Waterloo, IA. 

2016: Construction at 4820 Oster Parkway was completed in April 2016